Skip to main content

Travel Chronicles- Hot Springs, AR

Wonderful- Wonderful- Wonderful trip. Very relaxing- great small town feel.

Where did we stay- "The Springs Hotel" Ok so we could have chosen a better hotel but it was cheap and "on the strip" Right near the national park and walking distance from most of the other sites. This hotel was archaic but what do expect from a 3 star hotel that raves about dead visitors lol.... it looked like a haunted hotel, the bed had a quilt that looked like my great great grandmother created it, no microwave or fridge, the outlets had rust coming out of them- not sure how safe that is, no hair dryer and one chair in the corner that was forest green- but hey we were not there for the hotel.

Things to do: Hike in the national park- we took the "Dead Chiefs Trail" I was tired but bae on the other hand was Mr.Dora The Explorer. We ran into the old navy hospital turned asylum and it looked haunted as well. There is a theme going here. But there were small pockets of hot springs on the hike and oh my goodness the water was hot!! Really hot- NATURALLY.
Where did we eat: 
Colonial Pancake and Waffle House- great breakfast I had half a pioneer (hasbrown, sausage pattie, biscuit, egg and country gravy) side of grits and bacon and ooohhhh weeeee the bacon was good!

Taco Mama- Now we know that I am an expert Tex- Mex connisseur... this place was ok... the chips were fresh and good, salsa was mediocre and the food well I ate it but I have had better tamales from a trunk. The margarita was also ok- portion size was great
Bubbalus- So this was Diner style of course pics of Former President Clinton everywhere. This place caters to families. The menu is burgers and hot dogs. We ordered- the classy dog was worth it for him but the burger lacked seasoning- it was fresh angus and all and the bread was good- but the meat was just meat so I was not persuaded. The playlist was good though MJ on the track so the almost hour wait was bearable with the good music. 
Back Porch Grill- This was the first stop and we spent waaaayyyy too much money on this meal. He ordered a filet mignon I ordered salmon- typical right. His filet was not cooked to medium rare and my salmon was unseasoned- I have made better at home. The wine was good though and the view off of the lake was pretty nice. Sooo eh

Now what I really came for was my swim in the hot springs and oh did I enjoy it! We visitied the Qapaw Bathhouse- the pricing was solid it was 20.00 each for us to spend as much time as we wanted in the hot springs. They had a cool(er) bath, warm and hot and I loved every moment of it. 

Interesting fact- they have a well in the downtown area where you can fill your water bottles big or small with fresh, hot spring water! AND its free- they do not charge for the water- that is a first here in AMERICA- we charge for everything and charge extra if it is real.

And we flew Southern Express Airways- Interesting. 

But I truly enjoyed my weekend getaway with bae- to HOT SPRINGS, AK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!