Skip to main content

The Day After Tomorrow

MY TRUTH 



So life just ended as I know it.... or so I feel. The finality of it all. Realizing that its really done, over, finito..



What is NEXT? I am not sure but what I do know is I chose me this time. The unselfish, compromising, work with you, patient girl finally said No, for me- it's my turn. Turning the page in this book called life.



It took everything in me not to say yes... every thing in me wanted to hold on to what I knew- the good inside you, the laughter, the understanding, the best friend-but I couldn't.



Just as in the movie the day after tomorrow... after the storm comes peace... new beginnings.

Learning opportunities appear as stages in life. This act is finally finished. I learned a lot about myself and experienced growing pains. It hurts, it really hurts but I have to trust that the day after tomorrow it will all work itself out somehow. So cry today, plan tomorrow and live.

Today though......
Today I feel stuck.
Today I am in the vortex with no where to run.
Today I am in the eye of the storm
Today I will cry.
Today I see nothing ahead.


Tomorrow will come....

Hope you read it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...