Skip to main content

"If I wanted the moon"

So here we are May 3, 2016 and it dawns on me. The day.
We also have Facebook to thank us for our ever so fond greatest memories, moments and post "On This Day" a lifetime ago.

So I admit- I thought about him today- why is the date forever etched in my mind... hopefully in 2 years time it won't be but for the moment it is. The day he sat in my room and asked if I was ready to embark on this unknown journey of us and I said yes. Well here we are a WHOLE year later and things are not quite what I imagined they would be. And that is OK.

However I did want to share some of my past FB post that spurred me to say that May 3, 2016 will be different from my other May 3rd's.

So let's take a journey....
May 3, 2011
"I am giving up on dating... its too stressful and cost too much I would rather go work out and that's not fun"

Today: I went for a 3 mile run that I thoroughly enjoyed- changed, but I have given up on dating due to the same reasoning mentioned in 2011. I am not cut out to date and meet you in "Addison" when I live in Grand Prairie... (laughing at my thoughts)

May 3, 2012
"The Bed!"

Today: Lol this is still my favorite place in the entire world... my office, my therapy chair, my friend.. the bed and I am wishing I was laying in him now.... but I am up blogging and completing my class entry for Public Admin class.... the bed- is calling me as I sip my Chai Soy Latte from Starbucks.....

May 3, 2013
"I'm laughing cuz usually Im the one there when they down and out.. not this time.. I aint got time for that back and forth mess life too short hmmmmpphh#lmbo burned that bridge, friendship over and anyone who knows me know that when Im done 4real I dont look back- Jesus said and I paraphase- Current Living Version  (CLV)- looking back get ya killed!! ask Lot's wife... hmmph GET YA LIFE"

Today: Not sure why or who that was referring to at that particular time but it seems to fit perfectly for the situation of a relationship I refer to as him... WOW... life comes full circle.... was he down and out-- YEAH, Back and Forth? Oh yeah- Is the bridge burned- Yeah (que London Bridge- the lullaby and new one) friendship over- Sadly, yeah..... Guess I cannot look back if I do not want Lot's wife fate... SALTY MUCH?  Got my life- check

Later on May 3, 2013
" He made it so hard for me to fall in love...guess that's why Im doing everything else but that. Giving me a reason not to want it. My way out of dealing with relationships is not to have time for one #busy until further notice...."

Today: Welp still feeling that way... but not dealing with anyone in particular.. but I am quite busy these days.

May 3, 2015
 I posted a meme just moments before he showed up... could have been his motivation.. who knows.
It stated... "When a man wants to be with you, he'll be with you Period. There won't be excuses, drama, shadiness or uncertainty."

Today: Well I guess he grew some courage and tried to right his wrongs...

Today: May 3, 2016
Aside from posting about my sister killing my brain cells by making me watch "The Amazing World of Gumball" I posted the opening lyrics for Mali Music's "Fight For You"

I also posted a wiki app finding that created what my wiki page would say about me hence the title.
"Chantel Campbell doesn't depend on others, but on herself. She is a free woman, at times she needs her space and other times she needs affection. she loves to be alone, put on loud music and block out reality for a moment, but always with her feet on the ground, despite wanting to go to the moon sometimes, but she loves her family and circle of friends and would never leave them alone. Her personal motto is " If I need the moon, I'll bring it down myself"


That summed me up all TOO well the computer knows a lot about me.. I do spend most of my free time with him though... But that is where I am on May 3, 2016 working on getting my moon because I do want it... I want all that is coming my way... and next year May 3, 2017 I will look at that post today and say I got it... I have my moon.  Now what my moon is.. stay tuned... hahaha

If you have a facebook and are an avid user as I am... what does your past say about you? Has much changed? What do your past post say about you?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!