Skip to main content

World Traveler

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine

The joys of traveling and coming back home. My most recent venture took me to the great lands of Greece and Turkey. It has always been a dream of mine to travel to the places I learn about in history class. To stand where the great philosophers stood, to see the ancient ruins and remember the legends of Zeus, Achilles, Poseidon, Dionysus and the others. It was magical. To see that great city of Athens where history was made, where Paul revealed to the Greeks who Jesus was and the "Unknown God" to view Mars Hill and see the Acropolis. Words cannot express the happiness I felt to be there in that moment. 

Visited the islands of Crete,Mykonos, and Santorini. Despite the Economic Crisis going on my experience was one of a lifetime, not to mention Greek men love black women- maybe should go there to get married (another blog for another day *relationships*)The shopping was great and the food even more fantastic. Attended a cooking class with Fofi in Athens and she was wonderful!
The Royal Myconian- hotel of hotels- slice of heaven-best money spent on the trip! This hotel! The salt water pool, luxury spa, breathtaking view of the Aegean, wonderful toiletries, actual bath tub and personal jacuzzi.The dinner OMG! We ordered the seared octupus...10, rack of lamb....10, shrimp pasta....10! Wine....20! It was candlelit and the night view of the Aegean was so romantic, I so missed my honey bun that day but the food was wonderful.
Let us leave Greece and we headed to Instanbul! Exciting and scared at the same time... it was Ramadan.... It was interesting to see how the other half lives and what they believe and the amount of history that was there. To know that I stood where Constantine, changer of God's law lived. To see the Blue Mosque and learn of its orgin. I loved every second of it and the Grand Bazaar was wonderful.. so many gifts and the best replicas ever! Got me a Hermes bag on the low! mmmmm hmmmmm

You have to travel, it opens your eyes to the other side, you learn about yourself and your interest, you learn new things and meet new people, you have stories to tell and you have memories forever and you have turned the page in the book you call your life and written a new one. I got the celebrate my 26th birthday in Instanbul at the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and smell the city, see the sights, eat the food- take it all in.

So travel, get out of your comfort zone! Get away from all the normalcy and venture out, explore God's green earth and realize that you are but a drop in the bucket and the world has so much to offer you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!