Skip to main content

Dating Outside Your Race

AH YES, BLACK WOMEN DATING WHITE MEN. WELL, MAYBE I WILL HAVE A LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. EVE FOUND HER PRINCE CHARMING.....

FIRST, I HAVE NEVER ACTUALLY DATED OUTSIDE MY RACE, I THOUGHT ABOUT IT AND EVEN ENTERTAINED CONVERSATIONS ABOUT IT, BUT NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH

BUT WHY NOT? YOU ASK........

IT JUST SEEMED WEIRD, THEY ASK QUESTIONS ABOUT "NORMAL BLACK PEOPLE STUFF." I THOUGHT, AND STILL DO THINK THAT WE WILL NOT HAVE THE SAME INTEREST SUCH AS MUSIC, MOVIES, FOOD AND LIFE IN GENERAL.

WILL HE EAT RUDY'S CHICKEN?
HOW DOES HE MAKE KOOL-AID?
HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO LUTHER VANDROSS IS?

ARE HIS PARENTS RACIST? QUESTION I WOULD HATE TO HAVE AN ANSWER TO IF THEY WERE.

WITH THE CURRENT SOCIAL CLIMATE... WILL I BE PERCEIVED AS A TRAITOR?
I HAVE NEVER CARED WHAT OTHERS THOUGHT OF ME, WON'T START NOW.

SO WHY START NOW? WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU EVEN TRY AND DATE A WHITE GUY GIRL?

WELL TO ANSWER YOU, WHY NOT? WE SAY WE LOVE LEARNING NEW THINGS AND MEETING NEW PEOPLE.... NEW PEOPLE DOES NOT CONSIST OF ONLY BLACK PEOPLE!

THEY SAY INSANITY IS DOING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT OUTCOME... WELL I KEEP DATING BLACK GUYS OVER AND OVER AND EXPECTING A DIFFERENT OUTCOME SO TIME TO SWITCH IT UP.

MY RECENT VENTURES HAVE INTRODUCED ME TO A GREAT GUY WHO HAPPENS TO BE WHITE AND TOTALLY INFATUATED WITH BLACK WOMEN. I ADMIT HE IS KIND OF WEIRD. HE IS NOT INTO SPORTS, HE HAS CATS (ugh), READS COMICS, AND STILL DRESSES UP (like batman, KISS, comics) YEAH WEIRD.

BUT........

HE OPENS ALL DOORS, COMPLIMENTS ME DAILY, SHOWS TRUE INTEREST IN THINGS I LIKE, ATTEMPTING TO GET TO KNOW ME FOR ME AND NOT FORCE HIS IDEA OF WHAT DATING IS OR SHOULD BE ON ME. HE IS SIMPLE AND I NEED SIMPLE, UNCOMPLICATED AND NICE IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW. HE IS ORGANIZED AND TAKES THE INITIATIVE TO PLAN AND IMPLEMENT.

 TALK ABOUT TIRED OF ALWAYS DOING THE SAME THING... THIS CHICK WAS TIRED AND HAD GIVEN UP ON KNOWING A GUY WHO WOULD THINK OF THINGS TO DO BESIDES THE MOVIES AND DINNER. THERE ARE MUSEUMS AND PARKS, LETS GO OUT OF TOWN, CONCERTS AND SYMPHONIES, PAINTING AND TEACH ME SOME GUY STUFF GEESH I WANT TO GET ME HANDS DIRTY AND COOKING CLASS AND THE MALL AND A PLETHORA OF THINGS TO DO ON THE PLANET IF YOU REALLY WANTED TO TAKE ME OUT. SO HERE GOES, I AM DOING LIFE AS IT COMES.... SO WHITE GUY.... WE WILL SEE.

 *MINI GOLF AND DINNER* AND HE TEXT ME THE ADDRESS IN ADVANCE..... MAKE SURE I KNOW WHERE IM GOING... MMM... TALK ABOUT CHANGE...

WON'T HE DO IT!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!