Skip to main content

To New Beginnings and Beyond

This last quarter of 2015 has truly been life changing for me. I am becoming the me that I imagined and worked towards for so long.

 Great things are happening!

1. Update on Jenny Craig- I have lost 10lbs so far and I love my morning workouts they get me up and moving (Not a morning person) so this is a big deal. And the food is really tasty

2. Love my new apartment- hosting my first baby rats Graduation Shin-Dig on Saturday. I did not think the boy was gone graduate lol but he did it. 1 down 2 brothers to go! UT- Arlington Alum GO MAVS!

3. Resigned from DPsiE- after much deliberation within self, realized it was not for me, it was also a learning process that I had to grow through and at this time in my life it was bringing no value to life and aspirations.

4. Hit my 1 year mark with my current company and that is a big deal with me because I get tired of my jobs easily but I enjoy my work and my team. It is all in perspective- Positive breeds positive.

5. Got new pillows for my couch- going shopping for the rug today... Shopping is always a good thing

6.Yes, went through a breakup- but I realized that it was what I asked God for- yeah I would have liked to stay in the relationship but not in sin. I was sinning and complacent with my sins- I asked him to help me overcome some things and remove things out of my life that were hindering me and he did just that. POOF.. gone. But now I am actually making strides towards a better relationship with Christ and myself.

7. Training my brain not to see every guy as a potential date. We are truly just friends- I always cancel dates anyway- *Cancer Moods* not my fault

8. Currently reading "Sex and Dating" by Meir.... great book for those journeying through celibacy, wanting a better sex life post pre-marital sex- new marriage, college students and people who just want Christ centered answers to everything involving sex- I see it in a new light, I learned about me and my thought process in regards to premarital sex, better take on it than just wait until your married... it's worth the wait bull crap people fed me. If its worth the wait- why didn't you wait?!> It is so much deeper than that. Eye opening, life changing book for me.

9. Meeting great people who are mentoring me in the field of law- I finally made my mind up and started the process of pursuing my childhood dream of being "Law and Order" as I used to say. So Law School 2017.... until then 8 weeks until I am finish with my Paralegal Certification.

10. Found a precious gem of a bar off of McKinney- The People's Last Stand.... man oh man the drink selection is new and refreshing! Its and Irish inspired bar and I love it... NEW FAV place. Kona now has a contender... never that Kona is forever THE PLACE. Those drinks had me resting easy...


To infinity and BEYOND... New Beginnings
Take a moment to write 10 things that you are grateful for, thankful for, moving towards... you will feel better... progress is being made no matter how small.

See ya in the new year!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!