Skip to main content

To New Beginnings and Beyond

This last quarter of 2015 has truly been life changing for me. I am becoming the me that I imagined and worked towards for so long.

 Great things are happening!

1. Update on Jenny Craig- I have lost 10lbs so far and I love my morning workouts they get me up and moving (Not a morning person) so this is a big deal. And the food is really tasty

2. Love my new apartment- hosting my first baby rats Graduation Shin-Dig on Saturday. I did not think the boy was gone graduate lol but he did it. 1 down 2 brothers to go! UT- Arlington Alum GO MAVS!

3. Resigned from DPsiE- after much deliberation within self, realized it was not for me, it was also a learning process that I had to grow through and at this time in my life it was bringing no value to life and aspirations.

4. Hit my 1 year mark with my current company and that is a big deal with me because I get tired of my jobs easily but I enjoy my work and my team. It is all in perspective- Positive breeds positive.

5. Got new pillows for my couch- going shopping for the rug today... Shopping is always a good thing

6.Yes, went through a breakup- but I realized that it was what I asked God for- yeah I would have liked to stay in the relationship but not in sin. I was sinning and complacent with my sins- I asked him to help me overcome some things and remove things out of my life that were hindering me and he did just that. POOF.. gone. But now I am actually making strides towards a better relationship with Christ and myself.

7. Training my brain not to see every guy as a potential date. We are truly just friends- I always cancel dates anyway- *Cancer Moods* not my fault

8. Currently reading "Sex and Dating" by Meir.... great book for those journeying through celibacy, wanting a better sex life post pre-marital sex- new marriage, college students and people who just want Christ centered answers to everything involving sex- I see it in a new light, I learned about me and my thought process in regards to premarital sex, better take on it than just wait until your married... it's worth the wait bull crap people fed me. If its worth the wait- why didn't you wait?!> It is so much deeper than that. Eye opening, life changing book for me.

9. Meeting great people who are mentoring me in the field of law- I finally made my mind up and started the process of pursuing my childhood dream of being "Law and Order" as I used to say. So Law School 2017.... until then 8 weeks until I am finish with my Paralegal Certification.

10. Found a precious gem of a bar off of McKinney- The People's Last Stand.... man oh man the drink selection is new and refreshing! Its and Irish inspired bar and I love it... NEW FAV place. Kona now has a contender... never that Kona is forever THE PLACE. Those drinks had me resting easy...


To infinity and BEYOND... New Beginnings
Take a moment to write 10 things that you are grateful for, thankful for, moving towards... you will feel better... progress is being made no matter how small.

See ya in the new year!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...