Skip to main content

Let's Discuss Lawrence

Insecure on HBO has become somewhat of my ode to 2014/2015. IF this was not my life..... LITERALLY I was like Issa Rae if you do not get out of my house- like were there video cameras in my past apartment? Needless to say I am eagerly awaiting Season 2.

So what are the parallels you may ask. Let's see. 20 something year old, black female, college graduate, dating, wanting marriage eventually, great friends, introvert/extrovert, talented in so many ways, super goofy, can be the life of the party,  somewhat finding myself, not sure who I am in love with or what love really is. Yeah that was me. And I had my own real life Lawrence.

My friends and I laugh at it now but yeah my real life Lawrence was full of potential, stubborn, prideful, super smart, well educated, handsome, and just there on my couch just like Lawrence. He was unemployed in search of Gold but too prideful to say yes to entry level positions all while being hot and cold when it came to our "situationship" Never really committing and when he did try and be Mr. Romantic/perfect boyfriend I was Issa and I was like wait what, who is that and why are you attempting to keep me by making the play you thought I wanted."Fake Love" Happy but not really, feeling unappreciated but I had a man who was there when I wanted him to be and not too needy. I did my thing came home and then we got into our own little bubble. That apartment was our bubble and when I left I was somebody totally different. Yep my real life Lawrence. So eventually he broke- took a job he really didn't want just like Lawrence and I was there to support and cheer him on just like Issa. I forgot to mention- I chopped my hair off too just like Issa. Now the only thing I am unsure of is if my real life Lawrence found him a mediocre play thing like Tasha- would not put it past him- I am sorry if  I am too honest it probably was the ex girlfriend but that is neither here or there and it does not affect me any because eventually I got over the fact that it was over with my real life Lawrence- so that is why I am awaiting season 2.

I also had my own real life Daniel- the ex turned "friend" who always shows up at the wrong time saying the wrong things but there is this chemistry that seems to always exist. Had one of those too and had to cut him, cut him. He was just as disrespectful as Daniel, showing up uninvited, ruining my mojo and I was like oh no!

If Issa is me as I think she is......

She is going to quit her crappy job and pursue her dreams. Cut off Daniel like dude we really can't be friends and you only want me when life gets hard for you and you need someone to hold. She is going to cry and boo hoo over the loss of Lawrence because she sees the man he could be but she can't wait another lifetime. So eventually she will get over him, her hair is going to grow long and strong. Her and molly will be stronger than ever- 2 single ladies finding themselves and enjoying life. She will travel and have fun, go on adventures of a lifetime. Struggle to find her own concept of life, drink a lot wine, go to lots of parties, meet some Mr. No's... become celibate, find spirituality and then Mr. Right will come out of nowhere and life will be good.....

That's if she is me... as I think she is lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!