Skip to main content

Why Tho?




Today's sermon is entitled WHY THO?


 Many of you may be wondering where I am going with this... Well just stay with me.
Not too long ago, it was brought to my attention that a person seems to have an unending issue with me to which they have no sound reasoning. When asked why they feel or think this way about me- the answer is trivial or silence ensues. So, I pondered and prayed upon it and the answer that I got was astounding. God said they are jealous and I asked Why Tho?

Jealous of me? I ain't got nothing that they don't have. Then a conversation I had with my mother years ago when I was in middle school came to mind. Backstory being -I have always been sort of a loner- I had my close circle and that was it (No New Friends) Not that I did not want more friends, I just chose them wisely. One day a situation similar to this current one came up, I came home livid- "Mom why is it my name is always being brought up, I do not do anything but mind my own business and do my work!" I don't go anywhere, I don't talk to or about them, I stay in my area and yet and still I am the topic of discussion somehow and it always gets back to me. Why?!

The words of wisdom that day was- well darling they are jealous of you- they want something that you have. But at the time I felt I had nothing. We were on assistance (WIC, Medicaid and Food Stamps) My dad had been laid off, we stayed in a two bedroom home  (mind you it is 5 kids) and my mama did not (still don't) believe in buying Jordans or any other name brand if it was unneccessary (It always was). So what could I possibly have that they did not? I know they probably had their own room- something I wanted, wore the latest name brand fashions- something I wanted, could hang out with friends (I couldn't, it was home and church and grandma house) Was it my hair? This crawly stuff! My skin? I am too dark, or so I believed at the time, My teeth, I have 5 million cavities! I could not grasp the concept of someone being jealous of me.... FOR WHAT? Take it! Whatever it is....

So recently I started thinking let me try and see me from their perspective again.... what do I have now that someone else could possibly not acquire for themselves. God began to reveal to me that it was the insides of me, not the outer shell or material things. He said to me you have peace, joy, love, happiness, long suffering! I almost shouted! So they jealous because of the GOD in me, the qualities that I have inside of me are priceless- money cannot buy a genuine smile or loyalty or faith. The relationships you have are overflowing with love- you give and give of yourself, you are strong, resilient and consistent you bleed leadership. These things cannot be imitated they have to be truly a part of you. That is what they want not these material things and that is why she cannot come up with reasoning for why she dislikes you- it's the God in you- so what type reason is that? Go get you some Jesus too- pick up your bible, treat others as you would like to be treated- stand your ground- pray and you too can have what I have- he gives it freely- ask and it is yours. Miss me with the negativity....  So now I know why and when it comes up again Ima be like.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Single But Ready: Greater is Coming

So I am up doing some grass roots research into pursuing some passions of mine... hair and fashion.  While texting a guy who is interested in me. And it hit me. I am ready to date again! Finally. Lordt I thought I was going to be stuck in that negative stage forever! By the way the title of this post is inspired by a podcast that I listened to- that helped get me through entitled: Single But READY.. check it out it is eye opening. So if you read some of my post from the August/September period you will note the harping of the breakup and my efforts to rebound date. Well I never wrote about my perspective of trying to rebound date. Let us just say it was horrible. I truly do not recommend trying to rebound date, while being celibate and on the tail ends of a heartbreak... Nothing good comes from Nazareth right? HA.. ok. Basically as I sat here thinking back to that time period I was sooo negative. Negative Nancy welcome to the party. These guys were showing genuine interest in me an

The importance of boundaries

As I sit here in DFW international airport reading "Don't Settle For Safe" by Sarah Jakes Roberts, I am compelled to write on the importance of setting boundaries. Boundaries keep us safe. Safety is a primary foundational component of Maslow's hierarchy of needs. Basically, we need boundaries at our core in order to survive. Relationships are one of the hardest areas of our lives to create and maintain boundaries. Why is this? Our need for acceptance tugs at our inner being to disregard the natural boundaries that our conscience created for us. Whatever it may be- friends, significant others, parents or siblings we want to be accepted. But at what cost do we pursue acceptance? As I have grown and matured in all things called life, I realized that I had created boundaries that were too loose as well as disregarded others all together. I had to realign myself to think in terms of boundaries when approaching any situation. Here are a few of the questions I asked myse

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!