Skip to main content

Taking Opportunities: It Takes A Man, Male Initiative Program, Inc.

This weekend I had the joy and honor of hosting the Launch Party for "ITM" Dallas. This initiative is a mentoring program geared towards young minority males to provide them with an outlet to be themselves and find their purpose in life. This program is not like others where I call you 1x week and maybe show up to a few games. It is about giving and receiving what you need to succeed.  The premise of the program is to not only mentor young men but for those same young men to then become mentors for a lifetime.

The level of accountability is unsurpassed. As a mentee- I can mess up and maybe slack on my goals a little because someone (my mentor) is there to guide me, but once I become a mentor- someone else is now depending on me to be their guide and I now have a true empathy and understanding for their plight as a mentee- because I was there. It is genius.

Consistency is the goal and we are committed to changing the world- 1 life at a time.

Successful launch party on 10/9/2016 and now it is time to put the work in.

Be sure to check us out and follow our journey on social media.

Instagram: ITMDallas1
Facebook: ITM Dallas







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...
Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...