Skip to main content

World Traveler

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page. – Saint Augustine

The joys of traveling and coming back home. My most recent venture took me to the great lands of Greece and Turkey. It has always been a dream of mine to travel to the places I learn about in history class. To stand where the great philosophers stood, to see the ancient ruins and remember the legends of Zeus, Achilles, Poseidon, Dionysus and the others. It was magical. To see that great city of Athens where history was made, where Paul revealed to the Greeks who Jesus was and the "Unknown God" to view Mars Hill and see the Acropolis. Words cannot express the happiness I felt to be there in that moment. 

Visited the islands of Crete,Mykonos, and Santorini. Despite the Economic Crisis going on my experience was one of a lifetime, not to mention Greek men love black women- maybe should go there to get married (another blog for another day *relationships*)The shopping was great and the food even more fantastic. Attended a cooking class with Fofi in Athens and she was wonderful!
The Royal Myconian- hotel of hotels- slice of heaven-best money spent on the trip! This hotel! The salt water pool, luxury spa, breathtaking view of the Aegean, wonderful toiletries, actual bath tub and personal jacuzzi.The dinner OMG! We ordered the seared octupus...10, rack of lamb....10, shrimp pasta....10! Wine....20! It was candlelit and the night view of the Aegean was so romantic, I so missed my honey bun that day but the food was wonderful.
Let us leave Greece and we headed to Instanbul! Exciting and scared at the same time... it was Ramadan.... It was interesting to see how the other half lives and what they believe and the amount of history that was there. To know that I stood where Constantine, changer of God's law lived. To see the Blue Mosque and learn of its orgin. I loved every second of it and the Grand Bazaar was wonderful.. so many gifts and the best replicas ever! Got me a Hermes bag on the low! mmmmm hmmmmm

You have to travel, it opens your eyes to the other side, you learn about yourself and your interest, you learn new things and meet new people, you have stories to tell and you have memories forever and you have turned the page in the book you call your life and written a new one. I got the celebrate my 26th birthday in Instanbul at the Hagia Sophia, Blue Mosque, Grand Bazaar and smell the city, see the sights, eat the food- take it all in.

So travel, get out of your comfort zone! Get away from all the normalcy and venture out, explore God's green earth and realize that you are but a drop in the bucket and the world has so much to offer you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

Sharing: My Weekend

As promised- I wanted to share a few pictures with you all of the Valentine's Bash- hosted by yours truly this weekend for the children.. It was a success and we raised the funds needed to aid them in their next sponsored event. Here you go!!

New Found Treasure

Today I had the pleasure of visiting a hidden gem in the heart of Oak Cliff, TX (yes a song did come to mind... but I shall spare thee) So... went to a Complimentary Wine Tasting that was advertised via FB and it was great! Found a new hangout. Dallas is not known for it's wine or anything so whenever we get a new wine bar it is like a BIG DEAL. Cibo Divino Market Place is my new favorite place. They have incorporated a few of my favorite things. Wine, Pizza and Coffee!! I was in heaven and despite the unrelenting Texas rains I ventured out and discovered a few great wines. Thirsty Thursday was a success! Picked up a wonderful Sicilian Red Blend and watched NBA Finals Game 1 at my best friends awesome downtown apartment. Successful day all in all. Kehlani on the playlist, Kyrie playing ball... wine in the glass, homework on the screen- #Get'erDONE I was also able to sample a Chardonnay and Petite Syrah. They also had descriptions of some wines on the display to help the bab...