Skip to main content

Joys of Valentines Day

Being single with Valentine's Day on the horizon sucks right? Well not for me, I am refocusing my energies into positive vibes for others. So No, I will not receive a new outfit, shoes, chocolates or even flowers this year- maybe if my daddy decides I still need validation from him- He always buys me valentines gifts *Daddy's Girl* but I don't think he counts anymore at 26 :-)

So no guy and no gifts for me but I will be throwing a Valentine's Bash for the kids.

Neka Luv the Kids.

I decided that I would focus all my creative juices and some funds into making their Valentine's Day fun. I wish some grown up would have thrown us a Valentine's Bash- like how fun is that- not worried about a play gf/bf  just going to have fun with friends on the day my parents were probably creating my siblings lol- One was born beginning of  November--- Calculating?

A cookie bar, mocktails, music, DIY photo booth and food! I think I will have more fun than the kids lol. Pictures will be up I say the first week of March- I am a procrastinator with the pics lol.

But I want to encourage anyone out there who may be depressed or saddened by the fact that they are single yet another Valentine's Day- be of good courage and go do something for someone else. When you are giving to others, you seem to forget about your own issues. There is this thing they say at church when it comes to what you receive. If you pour into others God will continue to pour into you. Give and you shall receive.

So no pity parties this year, man bashing sessions or unlimited netflix/hulu sessions.

So some ideas of good things to do for others this valentines day.

1. Make  Valentines Themed Blessings bags for the homeless and be sure to include a Valentines card.
2. Visit a nursing home/rehabilitation center and hand out valentines cards and play some games with them.
3. Valentine's Caroling? Some of your fav love songs and sing them to total strangers lol something my brothers and I do.... its called RANDOM SINGING - inspired by our iCarly days (inside thing)
4.Throw a party for your single pals- maybe someone will meet someone- grow some love


Just a few things I wanted to throw out there. But feel free to share other ideas if you have some. Of course I am going to leave you with some encouraging words.... Go out, have fun and remember that closed hands cannot give or receive anything.

Happy Valentines Day! May love abound!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...