Skip to main content

Let's Discuss Lawrence

Insecure on HBO has become somewhat of my ode to 2014/2015. IF this was not my life..... LITERALLY I was like Issa Rae if you do not get out of my house- like were there video cameras in my past apartment? Needless to say I am eagerly awaiting Season 2.

So what are the parallels you may ask. Let's see. 20 something year old, black female, college graduate, dating, wanting marriage eventually, great friends, introvert/extrovert, talented in so many ways, super goofy, can be the life of the party,  somewhat finding myself, not sure who I am in love with or what love really is. Yeah that was me. And I had my own real life Lawrence.

My friends and I laugh at it now but yeah my real life Lawrence was full of potential, stubborn, prideful, super smart, well educated, handsome, and just there on my couch just like Lawrence. He was unemployed in search of Gold but too prideful to say yes to entry level positions all while being hot and cold when it came to our "situationship" Never really committing and when he did try and be Mr. Romantic/perfect boyfriend I was Issa and I was like wait what, who is that and why are you attempting to keep me by making the play you thought I wanted."Fake Love" Happy but not really, feeling unappreciated but I had a man who was there when I wanted him to be and not too needy. I did my thing came home and then we got into our own little bubble. That apartment was our bubble and when I left I was somebody totally different. Yep my real life Lawrence. So eventually he broke- took a job he really didn't want just like Lawrence and I was there to support and cheer him on just like Issa. I forgot to mention- I chopped my hair off too just like Issa. Now the only thing I am unsure of is if my real life Lawrence found him a mediocre play thing like Tasha- would not put it past him- I am sorry if  I am too honest it probably was the ex girlfriend but that is neither here or there and it does not affect me any because eventually I got over the fact that it was over with my real life Lawrence- so that is why I am awaiting season 2.

I also had my own real life Daniel- the ex turned "friend" who always shows up at the wrong time saying the wrong things but there is this chemistry that seems to always exist. Had one of those too and had to cut him, cut him. He was just as disrespectful as Daniel, showing up uninvited, ruining my mojo and I was like oh no!

If Issa is me as I think she is......

She is going to quit her crappy job and pursue her dreams. Cut off Daniel like dude we really can't be friends and you only want me when life gets hard for you and you need someone to hold. She is going to cry and boo hoo over the loss of Lawrence because she sees the man he could be but she can't wait another lifetime. So eventually she will get over him, her hair is going to grow long and strong. Her and molly will be stronger than ever- 2 single ladies finding themselves and enjoying life. She will travel and have fun, go on adventures of a lifetime. Struggle to find her own concept of life, drink a lot wine, go to lots of parties, meet some Mr. No's... become celibate, find spirituality and then Mr. Right will come out of nowhere and life will be good.....

That's if she is me... as I think she is lol.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...