Skip to main content

Another Year

My goodness! 2017 is upon us and I have been slacking on this blog thing. I have good reasoning for that though. Grad school, new job, new man just new life all together has been keeping me occupied and pressed for time. This year has been a great one! I set out on a journey, finished some projects, started some others and now I am ready for the next chapter in my life.

Let us give me a hand clap for a 3.8GPA in grad school 12 credit hours down all A's..... got my mojo back.

Trip wise- I went to the Grand Canyon, took my sister on her first plane ride and locomotive ride- check us out.














I also went on my first cruise with the family- check us out- Carnival Freedom!!!












Anddd.. Chantel's got a man at home (channeling my inner 90's song list) Chante Moore.... And he's so good to me! 
That was unexpected- 

The holidays this year have been blissfully wonderful. The entire family knows who he is and he just fits. He attends church weekly with me- why? Because if it's important to me- it' s important to him (words out of his mouth) IT's right for the first time. If I get one more when ya'll getting married- I ain't gone do nothing lol.... I am just going to blush as I have been doing every other time. But for the first time I will not be alone on new year's away from my S.O or waiting on him to return from his "new years" partying, entertaining "his friends" We will be together. I am eternally grateful that God has given me the chance and the opportunity to get to know him. So my wish list/bucket list/vision board/goals for 2017 will be interesting.... let the thinking begin. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...