Skip to main content

Change of Mindset

Habits are hard to break- aren't they? So are routines....so are traditions.

It has been quite a while since I have shared any updates with via my blog. I have been living in lala land of falling in love again. With this change has come many changes from experiencing a guy who buys me flowers just cause, to him taking a vested interest in my spiritual life and why I do what I do, to him easily becoming a part of my family from Day 1. Funny what can happen when you prepare yourself to receive the blessings of God.

So on to change....it is inevitable right? Yes it is. I have attended the same church since I was 8 years old. This is the church that my parents decided to join and we have made it our home. I met some of my best friends at this church, had my heartbroken, experienced triumphs, celebrated births and even came together to bury loved ones. I have had my share of both ups and downs from being a 20 year member of this church. I have been in ministry, I have experienced seasons of growth and drought. The time has finally come that I am ready and prepared for change. Although this will drastically change my family dynamic as well as my usual "routine" I know that I am at a new stage in life and I need somewhere to grow during this particular season. I prayed and pondered on this issue for several months, I never stopped going and I never wanted to leave due to petty issues or people- this is my walk with Christ.
Growing pains are definitely uncomfortable, but God makes us uncomfortable in order to effectively implement change. I am a firm believer that change begins in the mind- if you want a better self, think it and then you will become it.

Change your mindset, change your life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...