Skip to main content

Poetry of the Past.....

So while cleaning out my infamous car trunk... I found an old tablet with a couple of poems I wrote for my Sabbath school class back in 2002. I had a little bit of skill..hope you enjoy.

                                Who Was There?

When The Clouds Hang Low and You Can Hardly See The Road
Just Thought You Should Know, God Is Always In Control

If You Take The Time, time to realize... Who
Who was there to wipe the tears away?
Who was there when you didn't know your way? or what to say?
Who told you to pray?

Was it your family or your friends?
Neither... you say?
Then who was there?

It Was He Who Sticks Closer Thank a Brother
He Knows The Secrets hid deep in your heart

If they still ponder upon who was there....
Be sure to tell them that it was he who died upon the cross
Just to save those who should be lost.

He, Jesus was there.

                                  The Life Unknown

Lives are stories that we read each day
Some we comprehend, others we throw away.

Lives are biographies, some are written down, some are incomplete and the others... buried six-feet deep.

One's words are deep....
Others put you to sleep
But there is only one good enough for me

The Word.

We heard it from the beginning
It's pages never end.
It's syntax is so plain, that even I can feel..
I can feel the rain when HE flooded the Earth
I can even see Jeremiah.. ripping his shirt and pouring dirt.

Its author is known... worldwide
He has written biographies, he has recited poems, he has given us advice to stay away from evil and harm.

There is only one piece of literature missing from the collection.
His autobiography...
When was he born? When will he die?

Never will it be written until he comes to receive me..
Me and the others in perfect peace and harmony, so that I can see that his life, his story, his time goes on for an eternity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...