Skip to main content

Travel Chronicles: Vancouver

Flew into Seattle- stayed for a night and drove to Vancouver.
Wonderful trip! Very freeing for my mind and spirit.

Places we ate:
Zeeks Pizza- Seattle
Rolls Kitchen- Sushi Vancouver
Fat Burger- Yaletown
Serious Pie- Seattle
Ribs- Korean BBQ
El Furniture Warehouse- Whistler Village (The donuts OMG)
Grassroots Pizza- Whistler Village



Nature is awesome- it constantly reminds me of God's greatness. The level of imagination, how everything works together, the beauty, the colors, the complexity and simplicity- seeing mountains up close and REAL SNOW! I am Texas born and bred so snow is a figment of our imagination we get slushed ice lol.

Granville Island- wonderful shopping!! Cascadia soaps(purchased) made with goats milk and oils I bought like 5 bars! I love soap- weird...The fresh fudge, unwaxed apples! I was in market heaven.

Capilano Suspension Bridge: AHHHHH I crossed it... I was totally scared going across but I looked down and the view was breathtaking. I wanted to be Pocahontas- have you ever seen a blue corn moon? Me either but I was feeling free. Hearing the rushing water, seeing the cedars, natural waterfalls within rock... Taking it all in.

The dessert scene was TRASH.... probably did not need it anyway. Visited this Transylvanian bakery and was thoroughly disappointed. I ordered a slice of raspberry cheesecake... yeah it was the nursing home version of cheesecake... no bake, gelatin like... and the crust was not even Graham Cracker crust... Loss of 4 bucks... Lesson learned.

I drank more coffee than I do in one year combined. Found some great brews that I liked though.
1. London Fog
2. Cafe Medici
3. Carmadon

Visited the upscale Starbucks reserve as well as the original Starbucks in Pike Place.

Surprisingly Vancouver was very "Yellow" almost everyone was of Asian decent. Enjoyed the fresh air, not many smokers and the mountain air was so refreshing. I also took time to visit the Aboriginal Cultural Center and Museum- very educational in regards to Native Americans in BC- their plight and relationship with the Land. The Inuit, Saquamish and LilWat peoples sharing the land. I enjoyed myself thoroughly.

Drove up to Whistler! Home of the 2010 Olympics! Again the scenery was breath taking. I felt like I was in a nature video in the Tundra. All the trees, covered in snow, moving peak to peak in the Gondola. I am so thankful for being able to experience God's green earth! I was in my element. Free

Take a look a some of the pics. Hope you enjoy.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Check out this review of LARK on the Park on Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/6Rb5soDtvrr

About Time! Queening Exponentially

I know that I am about 2 weeks late... but I am working full time and pursuing a Master's so be patient! Miss USA 2016  is exponentially several degrees above awesome. Let us take a moment to discuss what makes her awesome. 1. She is Black- unapologetic. Most definitely oozing #BlackGirlMagic the definition of #BlackExcellence and that melanin is definitely popping. I wonder what color she wears> definitely not any shade that Neutorgena offers (No Shade) but not everyone has cool, orange or yellow undertones.... some of US have prominent red undertones!!! I digress.... Handclap to the makeup artist and creators out there that cater to ALL SHADES of BLACK. 2. Member of the US Army- Patriot and passionate about it. Some of my people are not the most supportive of African Americans fighting for a country that chose to enslave and continues to mentally enslave us as a people. My goodness! Cut the girl some slack- she has chosen to sacrifice her life for others- which is t...

When.....

When Someone Shows You Who They Are.. Believe Them The First Time- Maya Angelou I took this to heart today when reflecting over my life choices and why things turned out the way they did. It was brought to my attention by my younger, middle brother that I am all too quick to cut off people. WHEN they do one thing I am like NOPE, DONE. This is a trait that I know I have and I have always viewed it as both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because I cut the bull at the beginning. A curse because some people deserve another chance. It is one of those gray areas in my life that I try so hard to color in or make clear. But the real reason why that quote resonated with me is becuase there was a time in my life, these past 4 years, that I tried to not be the person who cuts others off. I tried it and it failed. This quote is true and will forever be true especially when it comes to humans. Rarely do people change to suit others. Self is always more important than others. When others tr...